Wednesday 4 February 2015

ISCF Grenada delegates to World Assembly 2015

The International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) hosts a World Assembly every four years. This event brings together students, graduates, speakers, supporters, staff and board members from each national movement. ISCF Grenada has nominated the following persons to represent our movement at this special event:

Hope Mitchell-Secretary of ISCF Student
Executive at Boca Secondary
My name is Hope Raysha Arenstin Mitchell. I am 15 years old and I live with my mother and younger brother in an apartment located at Mt. Hartman, St. George’s, Grenada. I enjoy playing music in my school band (I play flute), reading, writing stories, star-gazing and learning more about the Bible and God. I got saved at a young age and since then, even as a teenager, I can already see that my life is different from my unsaved friends.

Honestly, being able to attend this World Assembly in Mexico will have a huge emotional and spiritual impact on my nation and my ISCF group at school. It will help them to have an increased faith in God and help them understand that even though we are a small country, we don’t have to be small thinkers, but with God we can climb to new heights. Even though we all come from different backgrounds and range in age, when God has plans for you, He has amazing ways of showing them and amazing ways of using you.

This trip will be an amazing experience for me too. I’ve heard about people who travel from their home for youth conferences all around the world for God. I never thought that I would have that opportunity at 15 years to be able to travel from Grenada to attend a youth conference in another country. I have never travelled before and I am happy that my first to do so is for God’s use.


Don-rae Wilkinson -
sponsor at Boca Secondary


My name is Don-Rae Wilkinson. I am presently teaching Art at the Boca Secondary School, and I in charge of the ISCF group there. I have a passion for ministry to young people, and I am grateful for the opportunity to impact the spiritual lives of my students and encourage them to grow in their walk with Christ through my involvement in this student ministry. I also work with the youths in my church, and co-ordinate an outreach to young men in my community through sports.

I believe that I will benefit from attending World Assembly because it will give me a broader view of the ministry of ISCF. I will be able to meet others and learn ideas from them that I can use when I return to Grenada. I also look forward to a rich time of worship and bible study with believers from all over the world.






Rodney McIntyre - Board Chairman
My name is Rodney McIntyre. Most excited to be a son of the Most High God, for the last thirty-one (31) years. Received Jesus at age fourteen (14), a secondary school student at the time. Married to the loveliest wife for twenty-one (21) years, a marriage blessed with three beautiful daughters. I have been a teacher for most of my life. Twenty years at a local secondary school. I enjoy working with young people and men. 

I have been involved with student ministry as a student, as a sponsor and most recently as a board member.  Attending World Assembly is important to me as an individual because it would give me an experience of a lifetime. Something I’ve always heard about but only dreamt attending. Apart from the experience it will help me to build relationships and network with persons who share the passion for student ministry.  Student Ministry in Grenada went dormant for a number of years and was only recently re-launched. Attending World Assembly as a board member will give the necessary boost, in the area of knowledge and experience with an awareness of the regional and global movement.


Cheryl Jessemy - Board member 
I have been serving the Lord for over 25 years in various areas of ministry.  For many of these years, I worked with the Christian Education/Children's ministry at my church and assisted other churches with training and organizing their Sunday School ministry.  Two years ago, I entered full-time Kingdom service with an emphasis on Children's ministry. I am privileged to be associated with not only the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship, but also the Inter-School Christian Fellowship (ISCF). Recently, I pledged to work with this Fellowship as a part-time Staff Worker. 

I was honoured to attend the Regional Conference last year and I believe that attending IFES World Assembly will further deepen my understanding of the scope of the ISCF work. I look forward to it also as I believe that it will be an opportunity for me to learn from the experiences of others in the same area of ministry. I believe the Lord has called me into this ministry and the passion I feel for it can only be heightened by attendance to an Assembly of this nature.

Jim Andrew - Board member
I am Brother Jim Andrew; 31 years of age, presently involved in local ministry and studying to enhance my capabilities both at a church and secular level. However, as a product of the Inter School Christian Fellowship it is with great delight to serve in another capacity. Presently, I am an active elected board member of The Grenada ISCF team responsible for coordinating prayers.

In the event, that I have the opportunity to attend the World Assembly in Mexico carded for July 2015, it will definitely better prepare me to develop myself spiritually and experientially and as result, enables me to contribute more effectively towards the youth ministry in the different school of my country, especially where there is break down in moral values. Additionally, I will be so interesting to share one common faith with other persons, which was shared abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Deborah Dowlath - Staffworker



My name is Deborah Dowlath and I am currently serving as staffworker with ISCF Grenada. I was born in Trinidad and Tobago, but I believe that God’s purposes involve me impacting nations with the gospel of the Kingdom. As such, I left secular employment in 2006 and since then I have been involved in full time ministry doing short term mission trips throughout the Caribbean, as well as in Africa.

I believe that attending World Assembly would put me in contact with strategic partners who would be valuable resources in my international network of ministry partners. I also look forward to learning from what God is doing in other countries worldwide, and seeing which strategies can be applied to my local context.

No comments:

Post a Comment